Category:Releases Sorted by Release Type
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Music sorted by type of release, typically dependent on number of tracks and context.
Release Type Guide
- Albums are standard releases that typically have a minimum of 6-7 tracks, usually anywhere above 20 minutes in length.
- Compilations are collaborative projects between various artists under a single release, typically through a label.
- Samplers are releases consisting of previous tracks compiled in a best-of format, published by artists or, most commonly, labels.
- Archival Releases are self-compilations of an artists' previous work, e.g. a collection of SoundCloud singles or other tracks put together.
- EPs are shorter releases, usually ranging from 2-5 tracks (and likely under 20 minutes in length.)
- Singles are average-length, one-track releases usually published in a more casual manner than other release types.
- Mixes are collections of tracks compiled by artists, labels or fans, either done thematically or for general enjoyment.